TRI is dedicated to advancing the use of cutting-edge informatics, providing researchers with the tools, expertise and procedures for clinical and translational research. This is done through the CIRC, a partnership with the Department of Biomedical Informatics in the UAMS College of Medicine, TRI’s BERD function, Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH), Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System (CAVHS), and Arkansas Department of Health (ADH). TRI, as a member of the CTSA network, is part of the national effort to study and innovate the process of conducting clinical trials using informatics approaches, for both single and multi-site trials.
CIRC services and resources listed below are available via the Request Services button on this page.
- Accrual to Clinical Trials Network (ACT Network). A federated network of sites from the CTSA Consortium created to increase participant accrual in multi-site clinical trials.
- Arkansas Clinical Data Repository (AR-CDR). A searchable database that compiles patients’ clinical, laboratory and billing data from the UAMS electronic health record.
- Arkansas and National Health Resource Databases
- UAMS Profiles Research Networking Software. A web-based tool that helps researchers find collaborators at UAMS and worldwide.
- Comprehensive Research Informatics Suite (AR-CRIS). A set of open source software tools for the electronic management of research data.
- Research Electronic Data Capture system (REDCap). A secure, web-based application to support data capture for research studies.
- CLinicAl Research Administrator (CLARA). A web-based portal for submission, review, approval and tracking of human subjects research.
- Investigator Consultations. CIRC faculty and staff provide consultations on data management, bioinformatics analysis and biomedical informatics research approaches.
- Informatics Education & Training. Graduate programs in bioinformatics, clinical informatics board prep course, a seminar series and more.
Questions about accessing data from ACH, CAVHS, or ADH? Contact:
Feliciano Yu, MD
Chief Medical Information Officer
Arkansas Children’s Hospital
+1 (501) 364-8104
Richard Owen, MD
Associate Chief of Staff for Research
Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System
+1 (501) 526-8117
Thomas Powell, MD
Medical Director, Office of Health Information Technology
Arkansas Department of Health
+1 (501) 603-1766