August 22, 2019

TRI Employee Spotlight – Cindy Witkowski

What is your role at TRI?

Cindy Witkowski, RN

Cindy Witkowski, RN

My title is Director of Clinical Trials. I’m privileged to manage our awesome group of TRI study coordinators.

What do you like best about your job?

It’s dynamic, each day is different, current studies will close but there’s always new ones opening.  I get the opportunity to meet physicians and staff from around campus, as well as study teams from across the USA.   I’m exposed to new areas of medicine that I haven’t had the opportunity to work with in the past.

Before working at TRI, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?

I worked a part-time job as a beekeeper once.  I had a neighbor that had about 25 hives and he asked me to help him maintain them while he was recovering from a foot surgery.  It was much more fun than work.  I ended up setting up several of my own hives and got my husband and daughter involved.  You can purchase bee hives and have them sent via U.S. Postal Service.  I always got a prompt call from the postal workers when the hives arrived;  they wanted the buzzing packages to be picked up asap.

What do you find the most challenging about your job? 

It sometimes seems like studies, subjects, meetings come in waves, and it can be difficult to accommodate everyone when you are experiencing the peak of one of these waves.

What music is on your iPhone/Android phone?

Love me some Bruno Mars!  I can’t sit still when I listen to his music.