March 4, 2019

TRI Employee Spotlight – Lisa Richardson, R.N.

What is your role at TRI?

Lisa Richardson, R.N.

Lisa Richardson, R.N.

Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator

What do you like best about your job?

There are many things I like about this job, but mostly I like the wonderful people that I meet  and interact with. I enjoy guiding our research subjects through the studies and also working with a great team of physicians, clinic nurses, other departments at UAMS, and our whole team in TRI.

Before working at TRI, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?

Many years ago I became a police dispatcher for the city of Little Rock. This was very exciting, stressful, but sometimes fun.

What do you find most challenging about your job?

The most challenging part of my job is getting all the moving parts of a research study in sync and flowing smoothly. This can take some time, but when you achieve this it’s a good feeling.

What has been your favorite TRI project?

My favorite project has been a diabetic neuropathy pain study. It’s been great working with all the participants and physicians.

Do you have a favorite quote? 

“If you think you haven’t come very far, look behind you.”

Best vacation you’ve been to?

The Florida Keys

If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be and why?

Jackson Galaxy who is a cat behaviorist. He’s amazing with cats; his knowledge blows my mind. I also think he’d be really cool to hang out with!

People would be surprised if they knew: I have been on a fantasy football team for 13 years.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

Binge watching TV,  painting on canvas, hanging out on my back deck with my family and friends, taking care of my wonderful grandson.

What music is on your iPhone/Android phone?

Lots of 70’s and 80’s music. More recent music, like Cold Play, Imagine Dragons, Maroon 5.