The UAMS Translational Research Institute (TRI) is pleased to invite full applications for 2017 TRI KL2 Mentored Research Career Development Scholar Award Program. The KL2 Scholar Awards provide support for early career UAMS faculty with a professional degree (M.D., Ph.D., Pharm.D., D.N.P., Dr.PH., D.O., etc.) who are committed to an academic career in multidisciplinary clinical or translational research. The KL2 Scholar Award is a two-year program of intensive training in clinical and/or translational science research, combining an innovative educational program with mentored clinical/translational science research. KL2 Scholars will receive:
- Salary support/stipend of up to $95,000 (including fringe) per year. Scholars are required to dedicate a minimum of 75 percent effort to the program; therefore, the sponsoring department or College may be required to supplement support to meet the 75 percent salary. Salary supplementation may be from a variety of sources, but no federal funds may be used for this purpose.
- Up to $25,000 of non-salary support per year, which can be used for research, tuition, travel expenses, educational materials in support of the scholar’s career development plan, or other costs related to the scholar’s research project.
*All support subject to the availability of funds.
- August 23, 2017: KL2 Informational Session, 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Stephens Spine Building, 11th floor conference room, or join session via Blackboard Collaborate
- August 28, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.: Letter of Intent (LOI) due
- September 15, 2017 at 12 p.m. (noon): Full applications due
- September 29, 2017: Awardees announced
- October 1, 2017: Scholar start date and earliest possible project start date. Projects must be submitted for all necessary regulatory approval(s) by this date.