Our latest TRIbune newsletter highlights data from the ARresearch.org database of nearly 3,500 registrants that is sure to be of interest to UAMS researchers. This issue’s TRIbutary reflects on our Research Mentoring Workshop held this summer, and our TRI & Me features Jonathan Young, a leader in our Clinical Trials Innovation Unit (CTIU). You’ll also want to check out all the new publications by UAMS researchers who cited TRI for its support.
The UAMS Translational Research Institute (TRI) will host an open house to showcase its many clinical and translational research services, Tuesday, Aug. 29, 4-5:30 p.m., in the Cancer Institute, 10th floor rotunda. We’ll have wine (starting at 4:30) and hors d’oeuvres as well as prize drawings. Best of all, you’ll get to meet the dedicated TRI employees who are providing these important services.
We’ll help you navigate the research process and arm you with the information needed to execute your study as efficiently as possible. Come see what you’ve been missing!
The UAMS Translational Research Institute (TRI) is pleased to invite full applications for 2017 TRI KL2 Mentored Research Career Development Scholar Award Program. The KL2 Scholar Awards provide support for early career UAMS faculty with a professional degree (M.D., Ph.D., Pharm.D., D.N.P., Dr.PH., D.O., etc.) who are committed to an academic career in multidisciplinary clinical or translational research.
The KL2 Scholar Award is a two-year program of intensive training in clinical and/or translational science research, combining an innovative educational program with mentored clinical/translational science research.
KL2 Scholars will receive:
- Salary support/stipend of up to $95,000 (including fringe) per year.
- Up to $25,000 of support per year for research, tuition, travel and educational materials.
- August 23, 2017: KL2 Informational Session (4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Stephens Spine Institute Building 11th floor conference room)
- August 28, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.: Letter of Intent (LOI) due
- September 15, 2017 at 12 p.m. (noon): Full applications due
- September 29, 2017: Awardees announced
- October 1, 2017: Scholar start date and earliest possible project start date